Location:Raleigh, North Carolina
A Raleigh-Based Attorney Who Knows The Local System
"I believe in the criminal justice system. I believe in 'innocent until proven guilty'."- Raleigh Criminal Defense Lawyer Patrick Roberts
Patrick Roberts is an aggressive criminal defense lawyer. He is not looking to negotiate a plea in every case. He is looking for the best possible outcome, based on all the facts and evidence, so that you can get on with your life.
"I believe that I can help people who are in need and deliver quality legal service to clients." - Patrick Roberts
Patrick Roberts has been defending those accused of crime in the Raleigh-Durham area since leaving the Wake County District Attorney's Office in 2007 where he served as an Assistant District Attorney. He is a graduate of the Duke University School of Law. After prosecuting cases in three North Carolina counties, he decided to open his own law firm dedicated to criminal defense.
When Results Matter, Count On Patrick Roberts
Attorney Roberts has successfully handled hundreds of cases in North Carolina state court and in federal court. He has fought for dismissals, negotiated plea bargains, argued for the reduction of felony charges to misdemeanors, won acquittals at trial and succeeded on criminal appeals.
Examples of successes Patrick has achieved for clients facing the North Carolina state or federal criminal processes include:
- Dismissal of a DWI after a man ignored a checkpoint and blew a .15 after arrest
- Misdemeanor probation for a man facing up to 25 years in prison for First Degree Statutory Sex Offense
- Dismissal of statutory sex offense charge for a man facing over 30 years in prison after being accused by his 6-year-old daughter of forcing her to perform a sex act
- Dismissal of drug trafficking charges after challenge of initial stop for woman facing 7 years in prison for cocaine offenses
- Reduction from felony to misdemeanor charge with only probation for allegedly possessing a gun during a robbery
- Reduction to five years in prison for man facing 14-16 for drug trafficking in cocaine
While prior results don't guarantee future outcomes, they are a good indicator of Patrick's experience and skill as a criminal defense attorney.
Recognized By His Peers And His Former Clients For Outstanding Legal Service
Through his commitment to effective criminal defense and his reputation for achieving positive results, Patrick Roberts has gained the appreciation of his clients and the respect of his peers. He has earned a 5.0/5.0 rating from prior clients on lawyers.com.
"Patrick Roberts is an absolutely outstanding attorney." - D.J.L., Former Client
Patrick Roberts has been recognized as a:
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Top 100 North Carolina Trial Attorneys and Top 40 North Carolina Attorneys Under 40, National Trial Lawyers
- Top Attorney: Criminal Defense, Avvo
"Patrick Roberts is an amazing attorney. He is brilliant, insightful, compassionate, and has an incredible grasp and love of the law. I highly recommend his services." - J.L.. Former Client
Patrick Roberts Is The Right Attorney For You
When you are ready to put an aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your side, contact Patrick Roberts at Roberts Law Group in Raleigh. Schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your criminal case and learn how our attorneys can help you fight the charges you face and get on with your life. One mistake should not ruin your life.
More About Patrick Roberts' Qualifications And Professional History
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crimes
- Juvenile Matters
- Sex Offense Defense
- DUI/DWI Defense
- Traffic Violations
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Legal Environment for Business, NC Wesleyan College, 2007 - 2008
Past Employment Positions
- Wake County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, January 3, 2006 - November 30, 2007
- Johnston County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, August 1, 2005 - December 31, 2005
- New Hanover County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, December 3, 2003 - July 31, 2005
- Duke University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland
- Major: Engineering