Raleigh Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys
Calling an experienced DUI defense attorney sooner rather than later is the most important first step to take when trying to fight the charges against you. NC DWI laws can result in harsh penalties; a DWI conviction can mean up to two years in jail. That is two years away from school, away from your job and/or away from your family. There are important deadlines that come quickly in a DUI/DWI defense case, including challenging the automatic suspension of your North Carolina driver's license that results from a refusal. The sooner you contact a drunk driving defense attorney, the better.
With more than 20 years of combined trial experience, the Raleigh DUI defense attorneys at Roberts Law Group, PLLC, have a reputation for achieving successful results in DUI defense cases. We are ready to meet with you today to discuss your case and begin building a defense strategy that will work toward the best possible outcome in your case. Call us toll free at 866-630-2389 to schedule an appointment at our Wake County office.
The Best DWI Defense Should Minimize Any Possible DUI Penalties
There are several ways to challenge the evidence of impaired or drunk driving. We will evaluate the evidence against you, and, as appropriate, we will challenge:
- The traffic stop. Did the officer have reasonable suspicion to pull you over?
- The field sobriety test. What test was used? Was it administered properly?
- The breath test. Was the machine properly calibrated? Do you have a health condition that may have resulted in a false reading of the breath test?
- The arrest. Were you read your Miranda rights? Were you given an opportunity to talk to an attorney? Was there probable cause to arrest you?
- The prosecution. Was any evidence mishandled? Were any filing deadlines missed?
When we are preparing a drunk driving defense strategy, we want to minimize the DWI penalties you may face. To do so, depending on the facts of your case, we will:
- Seek dismissal of the charges against you
- Negotiate for a lesser charge, such as a moving violation, rather than an alcohol-related offense
- Work to reduce felony drunk driving charges to misdemeanor charges
- Fight the drunk driving charges at trial
You can expect honest, straightforward answers about your case from the drunk driving defense attorneys of Roberts Law Group. If the best strategy to minimize DUI penalties is a negotiated plea, we will tell you. Take a look at what some of our previous clients have to say about the defense strategies used by the Roberts Law Group.
Contact The DWI Defense Attorneys At Roberts Law Group
Our Wake County DUI/DWI defense attorneys can help you fight the charges you face. Contact us or call toll free 866-630-2389 to schedule an appointment at our Raleigh law office today.
North Carolina v. J.O.
Facing: 1 year in jail
Result: Case Dismissed
Our client lost her trial in District Court and received a 45 day jail sentence. She hired Roberts Law Group to help her with her Superior Court efforts. We argued a motion to dismiss based on an unconstitutional driver's license checkpoint and prevailed. Any evidence that flowed from the stop of her vehicle was ordered suppressed by the Judge. Case dismissed. Our client blew .13 on the EC-IR II breath device.