We FIGHT For Your Future
A boxer is in a fighting stance
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Drunk Driving
  4.  » Man Charged for Providing Alcohol to Minors Prior to Fatal Raleigh Crash

Man Charged for Providing Alcohol to Minors Prior to Fatal Raleigh Crash

On Behalf of | Jan 23, 2012 | Drunk Driving |

A 21-year-old man has been charged for his role in providing a 1.75 liter of Bacardi Dragon Berry before a fatal crash that killed a Raleigh high school student. The girl was riding in a car on Rainwater Road when the driver lost control of the car and struck a tree. The driver has been charged with DWI/DUI and other charges related to the fatal car accident.

According to the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement agents, they believe that a 21-year-old man supplied the alcohol to the underage students at the a house party. He is charged with providing the drinks to the driver and the student killed in the crash along with two other counts of providing alcohol to two other girls who were not in the car at the time of collision.

Drinking and driving and underage drinking can lead to a number of North Carolina criminal charges such as:

  • Criminal vehicular manslaughter
  • Alcohol possession
  • Aiding and abetting an underage person to possess alcohol
  • Reckless endangerment

All of these charges come with stiff criminal penalties including fines and possible jail time.

Source: The Raleigh Telegram, “Police charge man with giving alcohol to a minor in deadly crash”


FindLaw Network
More than 50 years of combined experience

years of combined experience

AV | Martindale Hubbell | Preeminent | Peer Rated For Highest Level Of professional Excellence | 2021

lawyers rated Preeminent through Martindale-Hubbell*


years our founder has received the Client Champion – Platinum award by Martindale-Hubbell*

Let Us Help You

Put our team of criminal defense lawyers on your side today. You are one phone call or email away from getting your questions answered by an experienced defense attorney.

Call us at 877-880-5753 to set up a free consultation or send us an email.

Fill out the form below for a Free Consultation.