Win a $2,500 scholarship and make studying for the bar exam look easyBy robertslaw, In Firm News, 0 Comments
Two smart law students from North Carolina were the first to win our $2,500 bar exam scholarship, to help defray the costs of preparing for the February 2017 bar exam. July’s next.
As everyone knows, the next big exam happens in July, just three months from now. The time to prepare – as if you haven’t been preparing all along – is here.
The criminal defense lawyers of Roberts Marcilliat & Mills PLLC (that’s us) are again offering two scholarships for law students who have demonstrated a passion for criminal law, be it on the defense side, prosecution side, or both.
As before, would-be winners should ponder these questions:
- Did you intern in the office of a prosecutor or public defender?
- Have you taken substantive coursework in criminal law?
- Have you volunteered for a criminal justice organization?
- Are you interested in working as a prosecutor or defense attorney?
Read about our Feb. scholarship winners to see what they did. The question this time is different (see Step 2 below), but the motivation is the same: to help support the future of those who plan to work in the criminal justice profession.
Follow these steps to apply:
- “LIKE” our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/nc.criminal.defense/)
- Write a short comment on our pinned post, which is located near the top of our Facebook wall (500 words or fewer), answering the following question: If you had to choose the most interesting/pressing criminal justice story of 2016/2017, which would you choose, and why?
- Send a copy of your law school transcript, a brief cover letter, and a copy of your Facebook comment (500 words maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do this on or before June 1, 2017. (We will not evaluate submissions made after this date.) Roberts Marcilliat & Mills PLLC, reserves all rights in the choice of scholarship winners. We will announce the winners on our Facebook page (and contact them personally) shortly after the June 1 deadline.
About Roberts Marcilliat & Mills PLLC
Former prosecutor Patrick Roberts founded Roberts Marcilliat & Mills PLLC in 2007. Mr. Roberts is a highly rated, award-winning attorney, whose experience includes successfully handling complex criminal matters ranging from federal drug trafficking and serious sex crimes to first-degree murder.