- Accusation: Common Law Robbery, Communicating Threats, and Assault on a Female (N.C.G.S. 14-87.1; N.C.G.S. 14-33)
- Facing: 13-25 Months (on Robbery charge) plus 60 days (for Assault on a Female charge)
- Result: Not Guilty
State v. M.K.: Our client was accused of running his girlfriend’s car off the road, smashing out her window, and taking property from her car. After pointing out serious flaws in the State’s case, the prosecution decided to dismiss the felony common law robbery and communicating threats charges, and we proceeded to trial on the only remaining charge – Assault on a Female. At trial, our client was found
not guilty after we successfully argued that his actions did not meet the legal definition of Assault.
- Attorney: KMM
Charges Dismissed & Career Saved
- Accusation: Assault on a Female and Civil Complaint for 50B Domestic Violence Protective Order (DVPO) (N.C.G.S. 14-33; N.C.G.S. 50B-1)
- Facing: 60 days in jail and entry of 50B civil restraining order
- Result: All charges dismissed after entry of consent judgment regarding child custody
- State v. J.S.: Our client, who was employed as a Corrections Officer with his entire career on the line, was falsely accused by his ex-wife of Assault, resulting in both criminal charges and a civil suit for a 50B Domestic Violence Protective Order. After pointing out major discrepancies in the plaintiff’s story, we were able to successfully negotiate the dismissal of the criminal charges with the District Attorney and the 50B with the Plaintiff’s attorney. Additionally, we were able to craft a civil no-contact order and temporary child custody order to resolve the couple’s ongoing child custody dispute, saving our client’s career as a Corrections Officer.
- Attorney: KMM
All Charges Dismissed
- Accusation: Assault on a Female, Injury to Personal Property, and Civil Complaint for 50B Domestic Violence Protective Order (DVPO) (N.C.G.S. 14-33; N.C.G.S. 14-160; N.C.G.S. 50B-1)
- Facing: 120 Days in Jail and entry of 50B civil restraining order
- Result: All charges dismissed
- North Carolina vs. C.J.: Our client was accused of assaulting his girlfriend during a heated argument, leading to Assault charges and a civil suit for a DVPO. After successful discussions with the District Attorney and the Plaintiff’s attorney, all charges were dismissed against our client.
- Attorney: KMM
Disclaimer: The listed cases are illustrative of the types of cases handled and do not represent the entire record of cases handled by the firm. The outcome of a particular case is based upon a variety of factors and cannot be predicated upon a lawyer’s or law firm’s past results. The penalties listed for each case are the maximum amount of time the client was facing, based upon the structured sentencing guidelines and taking into consideration each client’s criminal record at that time. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Payment Plans Available, Call Now!
Let Us Help You
Put our team of criminal defense lawyers on your side today. You are one phone call or email away from getting your questions answered by an experienced defense attorney.