Be Smart Like Danielle Feller
In 2017, our scholarship experience was truly a win-win: Attorney Danielle Feller (pictured at right) not only won a scholarship, but came to work as a defense attorney with us at Roberts Law Group.
This year we offered four of them – four scholarships at $1,000 each. And we broadened the scope, too. The scholarships will go to aspiring lawyers who are pursuing (1) their undergraduate work or (2) their law degree. In other words, both undergraduate and law students may apply.
Why? As before, our goal is to invest in the next generation of lawyers.
All scholarship payments will be made directly to the educational institution’s financial aid office in the name of the scholarship winners.
Scholarship Appliations have been collected and are now going through a selection process to determine the winning recipients. Winners will be notified by email by the end of July. Following are the requirements for this scholarship:
- You must be either currently enrolled in or accepted to attend a higher education institution.
- Applicants must have a current GPA, be it from high school, undergraduate studies or from their current law school, of at least 3.0 in order to qualify.
- Applicants need to submit with their application a 500 word minimum essay on any one of the topics described below.
- Applications must be accompanied by a current transcript.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted on or before Jun. 15, 2018.
Roberts Law Group will evaluate the applications and will chose four winning submissions based on the quality of their essay. Scholarship winners will be notified by email or phone.
Essay Topic Options:
- Choose a current legal issue and argue either for or against it.
- What obstacles have you overcome in your life and how have those experiences influenced your aspirations for a legal career?
- Describe how a given lawyer or judge has inspired you.
Remember, the deadline is June 15th. Good luck!