Why Hire Us?
“This is our philosophy – the whole reason behind why we do what we do: Aggressive criminal defense that puts people first. Defending the accused is just as much about people as it is the law and facts of the case.”
– Attorney Patrick Roberts
Even though we’re writing quite a bit about ourselves on this page, this is really about you, what you need, and what you expect. It’s about your worries and anxiety, whether you’re a mother calling us for advice for your teenage son arrested for selling drugs, or someone who’s been in trouble with the law before, and now you’re facing years in prison for a repeat offense.
We put the government to its proof.
What are you looking for in a defense lawyer?
We’ve been in practice since 2007. Patrick Roberts founded Roberts Law Group, PLLC, in Raleigh, right after leaving his position as a prosecutor in the Wake County District Attorney’s Office.
In all our years of experience, we know that many clients are looking for a defense lawyer who hasn’t become cynical, who doesn’t think that all clients are guilty, and who only works to get a plea and move on to the next case (and next fee).
That is NOT how we operate.
What do you need in a defense lawyer?
You need an attorney who will do everything in their power to defend their client.
Whether it’s a jury acquittal, a reduction in charges, a dismissal, or avoiding prosecution altogether, that is exactly what we do, and we truly mean that.
You can see this in our very long record of results – great results in tough cases ranging from homicide to sex offenses to weapons possession and drug trafficking; cases where the government is doing all it can to convict you – and we’ve done all we can to prevent that from happening.
Why should you trust us?
- Our service is figuring out the solution and working hard to get it.
It’s one thing to write some words on the Internet. That’s something anyone can do, even new lawyers fresh out of law school. It’s quite another to have the proof to back it up.
Here is just a small sample:
- Founder Patrick Roberts is a service provider first, and a lawyer second. What does this mean? Patrick did not take the traditional path to law – far from it. He was not born into a family of lawyers. He studied chemical engineering at Duke (not political science). In engineering, you love solving problems, and that’s exactly what you do in criminal defense. Our service is figuring out the solution and working hard to get it.
- Patrick carefully chooses who he wants on his team, from the junior lawyers (two of which are now partners) to hard-working support staff who help keep our clients up to date.
- Finally, you can see for yourself the many satisfied reviews from former clients as some of the most direct evidence that Roberts Law Group, PLLC, is the right law firm for you.
How do we do our daily work?
It’s simple: Keep the client front and center, even on nights and weekends:
- Our attorneys dedicate every other Saturday to meeting with clients.
- We truly act as a team. It’s not uncommon for two or three of us to address the many different facets of our client’s case, from reviewing discovery and legal research to working with expert witnesses and more.
- Communication is a big one: We keep our clients in the loop as much as possible, like giving you a summary of what we’ve discovered in the case to date.
Our paralegal to attorney ratio is nearly one-to-one. This ensures that our client calls and concerns are addressed immediately, not two days later, not two weeks later, but as soon as we can.
Finally, we handle cases in all 100 counties of North Carolina, all federal districts in North Carolina, and are located in Raleigh, Charlotte, Greensboro, and Wilmington. In short, you won’t need to travel far to reach us. (Patrick has also made appearances out of state, in Tennessee, South Carolina, and Michigan. We are not constrained by geography.)
From the mountains to the coast, we defend people across North Carolina.
Why hire us? Because you want lawyers who truly care about their clients.
It’s a cross between the very human desire to compete and win and protecting your rights guaranteed by the Constitution. We believe in law, democracy, the American citizen’s right to be free, and the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty. In the United States, contrary to what some people say, there can never be enough lawyers.
Let us show you why that’s true.
Call 877-880-5753 or contact us by email today.